Acupuncture is part of healing art of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) which include
acupuncture and Chinese herbal remedy mainly so that acupuncture follows the principle of
TCM to diagnose and to treat patients.
The principle of TCM is based on the ancient Chinese philosophic belief that the body must
be treated in a holistic manner. Thus it is the whole body that must be treated rather than just
the symptoms. The focus is on invigorating the body’s immune system. This is especially
effective for many chronic problems.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of thin disposable steel needles into the body’s vital
energy points. The aim is to regulate the channels of Qi (energy), re-establish the
balance of energy and relieve pain. It is particularly effective for arthritis, muscular
pain, depression, and surprisingly, it helps to stop smoking. Many people also have
acupuncture as a preventive treatment or because they feel unwell in themselves but
are not ill in the Western medicine
Only high quality disposable needles are being used in the clinic. When the practitioner
carefully inserts the needles you may feel a slight tingling sensation. Sometimes you might
feel numbness at the point of entry or an energy transfer along the meridian to another part
of the body.
There are various other techniques based on the principle of acupuncture. These include
Auricular-Acupuncture and Electro-Acupuncture. Auricular-Acupuncture concentrates on
application of specific points in the ears. It is more effective to some particular conditions
such as addictions, insomnia, stress, etc. Both Auricular-Acupuncture and Electro-
Acupuncture can be applied with or without needles.
These are some of the benefits of Acupuncture Therapy:
- Reduces emotional & physical stress
- Pain reduction
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves range of motion & flexibility
- Improves coordination & balance
- Helps athletes achieve peak performance
- Helps release accumulated toxins
- Improves self-image & outlook on life
- Gives the body more useful energy
- Soothes the nervous system
- Improves lymphatic drainage & immune system activity
Treat yourself to health & harmony and enjoy the feeling of taking
responsibility for your physical & mental well being.
What to expect when visiting the clinic?
On your first visit the practitioner will ask you about the history and current state of your
problem and details about the medication that you have been taking. Then you will be given
an examination which will differ from what you have received from your family doctor and will
consist mainly of observation of the tongue to check its muscular form, colour, texture and
coating and reading of your pulses which reflect the conditions of the body’s twelve vital
organs. Our experienced practioners can identify the problems or weaknesses in your body
and then prescribe the most appropriate treatment and will recommend a course of
For best therapeutic effect
The following suggestions will help you get the maximum benefits from your treatment:
- Avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Avoid treatment when excessively fatigued, hungry, or just after a big meal, or
- Ask any questions you may have along the way so that you can get most benefit
possible from the treatment.
- Take deep breath as asked by your therapist while inserting the needles. Relax
during treatment. There is no need to be frightened.
- Do not change your position or move. If you are uncomfortable, please tell the
therapist immediately. So we may make proper adjustments or stop the treatment.
- Do not do any heavy physical activity within 2 hours after the treatment.
- Follow the therapist’s advices regarding your diet, life style, exercise and herbal
supplement to the treatment.
Auricular Acupuncture (Auricular Therapy)
For detailed information regarding the Auricular Therapy, please click here.